I'm ready 2017!



I'm ready 2017!


Hi dear ones! Hope you had a great New Year celebration with your loved ones.


Since it’s the 5th day of January 2017 and almost everybody has his New Year’s resolutions, I thought of sharing with you my life’s highlights and realizations from the previous year instead.

The beginning of 2016 marked a BIG and MOMENTOUS EVENT in my life because that’s when our angel was born, January 18. 

I just can’t help but smile now as I recall how I survived the endless excruciating pain for more than 20 hours of labor that would eventually result to an unplanned CS operation (imagine double the pain + double the cost lol ).

The experience however, was an eye opener to me. For a person who has a low tolerance to pain, I thought it was already my end. 

But it’s also true that “when you’re at your weakest, that’s when you're at your  strongest.” 

That worked for me. The whole time, aside from my ever supportive “Nanay” (mother) and my ever loving hubby, I had God with me. I admit I’m not the religious type but at that moment, I prayed and talked to Him non-stop. 

Then the pain, though still unbearable became a sign that I was still ALIVE! That I could still FEEL. That I still EXISTED!

Finally at exactly 11:34 AM, January 18, 2016, I was able to deliver a very dainty baby girl - Xandra Olivia, my own cheerful spirit! And what a strange coincidence that it was also my father's 30th death anniversary. 

Whatever it was, I believe it was a miracle that unfolded before me. And it's by the grace of the LORD that my baby and I was saved.😊     


my baby was born at 36 weeks
my baby was born at 36 weeks and was placed on medications right after for possibility of infection



baby and mommy
baby and mommy, both healthy 11 mos later 😄

“Thank you so much is not enough, Lord. I’ll be forever grateful for your LOVE. ”

***


2016 has also been good to my fifth grade son. Not to brag about it but I'm just as proud as any parent would be because he did very well in school. Thankfully he got two consecutive Excellence with Honors award - a feat I did not expect from him. 

I'm not sure if my reward system strategy worked or he himself figured it out due to my constant reminders haha. But whatever it is, it's just nice to think that I must have done something good to my son. :)


so proud of my Kuya M.A.
I am so proud of my Kuya M.A.

Then I was able to create this blogsite last October 2016 and tried to follow my childhood passion which is writing. I know it may sound cliche but I already consider this an achievement on my end. Why? It's quite a challenge to write/type while you're breastfeeding, isn't it?

Contemplating about it, anything is actually attainable with or without hindrances. It is just our own fears, self-doubts, or any other lame excuses that keep us from reaching our goals. I confess I'm the guilty one. I'm a self-doubter and procrastinator hehe. But I'm trying my best to change the way I see myself. 

That's why I'm thankful for the New Year. There's always another clean slate for me to write on my life's stories. New hope. New opportunities. And I'm going to seize them all!  2017 here I come! 



Hugs,
Joan



Image courtesy of www.picjumbo.com


Let’s Connect! 👉  Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter

Labels: , ,