My Pregnancy Misadventures | Intro




Hi Moms!

I'm especially writing this for you. Since my memory of my second pregnancy is still fresh, might as well share this with you. 

If you are a first time mom, let me congratulate you first! Having a baby is such a great blessing whether you plan it or not. I know exactly how you feel - those mixed emotions of happiness, anxiety, excitement, irritability etc. Don't worry those are just normal.

They say that each pregnancy is different. I should know coz I experienced it firsthand. I had a smooth normal delivery on my first child 11 years ago so never did I anticipate my second to be hard, (let me stress it) REALLY REALLY HARD! (sorry, not trying to scare you lol )

You see, my hubby and I waited for a decade to finally have our second baby. And I must say she really is the answer to our prayers and the realization of our dreams.

I was on my mid 30s then when my doctor told me I was on a high-risk condition already because of my age. But still, the complacent me just took it lightly. That time, I thought everything would be as easy as my first one. But. I. was. WRONG.


What happened was, I overlooked these things that might have made it easier for me to give birth.


1. AGE. I admit I am not 26 and stronger like when I first gave birth. Age is really a big factor to consider. Generally, the younger you are ( around 20+ ) the safer and easier it will be. 

2. UTI. Sadly but I have it recurring. More on this on my next post.

3. EXERCISE. This one I'm guilty of. How can I exercise or even walk every morning when lying and sleeping was such a BLISS when you're preggy? Oh! I was so lazy back then!

4. DRINKING LOTS OF WATER. In reference to #2, also the reason why I have UTI is due from being a poor water drinker. As much as I want to but I can't help it. 

5. PREGNANCY SPACING. Since I had a very long interval from my first pregnancy (more than 10 years), it's like everything went back to zero. Also, I found out that the recommended interval after birth, to the next pregnancy should be at least 18 months and no longer than 60 months to avoid greater risk of having a premature birth or low birth weight.


So moms or soon to be moms, please take note of those items. I learned my lessons the hard way. More on what transpired during my pregnancy will be shared on my next posts.

Read: My Pregnancy Misadventures | The Pains and Lessons


If you find this article helpful, please do share. Thank you so much for following The Cheerful Spirit and may you have a safe and happy pregnancy!


Hugs,
Joan




Image courtesy of www.picjumbo.com



Let’s Connect! 👉  Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter

Labels: , , , ,