Time to step up!


Time to step up!

My blog has just turned one year! Happy 1st Anniversary my beloved The Cheerful Spirit!

First, I want to say thank you my lovely readers and please know that I appreciate you sooo much for joining me in this journey!

I’m so grateful that I’ve come this far without losing my interest hehe. I know because I can be “ningas kugon” if you know what I mean. :)

One year.  Was it easy?

No.  But it was inspiring…

The last 12 months saw me struggled with time, productivity and sleep. I never knew that blogging “seriously” can be that overwhelming for a nursing mom like me. 

By “blogging seriously” I mean not just creating content and it's done. I got to learn that what follow after the write ups are even more taxing - the design and photo editing, promotions to various social media platforms (facebook, instagram, twitter, google+ etc), engagement with other bloggers and not to mention countless reads about digital marketing strategies while trying to pacify a hyper baby *sigh* 

Yup,  it’s really a lot of work!

Sometimes it’s frustrating if I couldn't even start to write when my creative juices aren’t flowing or my brain isn't functioning (I guess lol).

So I blame it to time or lack of it.

Though, I know deep within it's just my own way of excusing myself for being lazy and uninspired haha.

Then after a while, I was able to apply some techniques that worked to overcome my unproductivity. I wrote those here in 3 Smart Strategies for the Unproductive Bloggers which I hope could be of use.

However, writing can also be fun and inspiring especially if someone recognizes your work. Last June, I received a big surprise when my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award -  my first ever online award and I couldn't be happier.

But more than the award, it's the self fulfillment that I earn whenever I create thoughts, weave them into words and let them out there to reach thousands of people who’d be inspired or learn something from my stories. That is one of the reasons that push me to go on...to just keep on writing.

Time to step up!

Since it’s been a year and only a few posts have been published here, it’s about time for me to step up and level up!

It’s high time to treat this blog not just as a hobby but as something that thrives and ultimately sustains my family financially.

Thus,  I’m committing myself to
  • keep on writing what I love
  • be more focused
  • be consistent

I admit it can be hard to commit when procrastination kicks in but I know I’m really passionate on what I do and I have a strong faith in myself that I can do this!

What to expect from The Cheerful Spirit?

Someone said it beautifully:

“Successful people show up”

So yes, my dear friends, you can expect me to be more visible here on the blog. I'm actually thinking of creating a series (fingers crossed!) that will be posted every Saturday and of course random articles about motherhood, passion, relationship and reflection every Monday and Thursday. Really excited about this lovelies!

Getting more social

I'm guilty of not updating my socmed lately and I know it's equally important to be visible there. As I used to say, “Nobody will read a blog no matter how good it is unless it’ll be shared to various social media platforms.”

My plan is to show up everyday (hopefully) to give you daily dose of positivity and inspiration. I’m geared towards happiness and simple joys so if you feel you resonate with me, then let’s connect via:


Thank you once again, dear friends!


Hugs, 
Joan



“Your initial idea may or may not work, but you have to remember that a failed idea is nothing but a stepping stone to a bigger success.” Naveen Jain



Let’s Connect! 👉  Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter


Labels: , ,