Week 4: It’s Not So Christmassy This Time


Lonely Christmas 1


I started this Christmas blog series with full anticipation and positivity. I was inspired to write and was in my groove. Since I needed to live up to my blog site's title - The Cheerful Spirit, I was usually in my happy self in spite of…


Yes, I’m the type who tend to see the bright side regardless of how big my problem is.


But we really don't know what will happen and some things are even worse than we expected.


Then it occured.


For me, losing a loved one is the highest form of grief. It happened to us 32 years ago when we lost our dearest father almost a month after Christmas.


And now, my husband’s cousin was gone too soon from a tragic motor accident a few weeks before Christmas.


How did it affect me?
I secretly cried at night.
It crushed my happy spirit for days.


Maybe because Allan (our cousin) looked like my hubby when he was young and I won’t be seeing his charming smile again.


Maybe because as a mom, I could exactly feel the pain my Aunt Sandra was going through at that time.


Maybe because his death was so sudden. He was only 22 and just graduated with a promising career ahead of him.


And maybe because he was the eldest and so I was deeply thinking of my first-born child. I just couldn't imagine something like this to him...not even in my worst nightmares…

So many maybes...so much tears and pains for our bereaved family. We are still grieving and it will take time but I’d like to remind myself, however heavy I’m going through - 

“THIS TOO SHALL PASS.”

@@@

To you beautiful soul, may you find peace wherever you are right now. You will never be forgotten.

Happy times
Allan and his girlfriend during their happy times.



Hugs, 
Joan


6 Weeks to Christmas Series, Week 4



Let’s Connect! 👉  Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter

Labels: ,